Monday, August 25, 2008

The Idol Factory

Well, I can officially say that I'm not a good blogger. Maybe it's taken me a while to realize that I am simply not going to be good at it, but today I will shout to the hilltops, "I AM NOT GOOD AT BLOGGING!"

Alright, that said, I am going to move on and try another post.... :)

This past Sunday I was able to preach again. Honestly, it was good for me to preach again. This summer has been extremely busy for me with missions trips and a large children's outreach program.

A couple of weeks ago, while on vacation, I realized what I believe God wanted me to preach. He wanted me to preach on idolatry. Thankfully I have already talked on that in youth ministry and I already had resources to help me with this. But, it still took a while to prepare. But, God is faithful (as he always is).

I preached the message in both our services and I believe God used it to reach into people's lives. I don't know if you're struggling with specific sins dogging you, but if you are able, would you take the opportunity to download this message on our hearts being idol factories (or find another message on idolatry), and let this topic ruminate in your soul for a while?

No comments: