Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Opening Eyes Through The Word

Today I've been awakened to more of the Word, and I want more of it. I feel as though I'm seeing glimmers of light through Scripture, and I pray that the Lord would open my eyes to greater degrees.

I feel what the Psalmist wrote in Psalm 119:18, 27

Open my eyes, that I may behold
wondrous things out of your law

Make me understand the way of your precepts,
and I will meditate on your wondrous works.

What I want to understand more of is the gospel. I want to know the power of Christ and the grace of Christ! After I had read these verses and prayed a little, I heard the words to this song playing on my laptop. I pray that the Lord would grace me more and more by opening my eyes to behold the "wondrousness" of the truths communicated in this song. And, I pray that he would do that as he enables me to seek him through the Word.

Behold Our God

Over land, sky and sea
Over man's great thoughts and dreams
God sits high on His throne
Ruling history.
Nations rage, wars unfold
Men seek power they cannot hold.
God regards their strength with scorn -
Less than nothing.
So when I fear what I don't understand
I'll trust the One who holds the world in His hands.

Behold our God, Sovereign and good
Matchless in power, the King over all the earth
Fear not, my soul. Trust in his plan.
Over all the world, God reigns.
Behold our God!

Over sin's curse on me
Over law's I could not keep
God the Judge has declared all my debt's relieved.
Sin remains close at hand
Pressing in with its demands.
But in my Savior's risen life I find victory.
So when I'm faced with guilt and sin's domain
I'll trust the One who's death has broken my chains!

(from Lu, Sovereign Grace Music)

No comments: